As a family-owned business spanning four generations, Hennig Gasket prides itself in the manufacture and fabrication of custom gaskets and custom seals for a wide variety of applications in a virtually limitless number of industries.
One of the many advantages of working with Hennig Gasket is the many types of materials we carry in stock and that are available for immediate manufacture and fabrication. One such gasket material is GYLON ®, a product of Garlock Sealing Technologies.
Hennig Gasket carries an extensive line of GYLON ® styles, including:
- GYLON ® Style 3500 (Fawn in color) – PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) with a silica filler
- GYLON ® Style 3504 (Blue in color) – PTFE with glass microspheres
- GYLON ® Style 3510 (Off White in color) – PTFE with a barium sulfate filler
- GYLON ® Style 3540 – Microcellular PTFE
- GYLON ® Style 3565 ENVELON® Gasketing – PTFE with a glass filler
Custom gaskets and custom seals fabricated from GYLON ® gasket material have numerous advantages and benefits, such as:
- Highly Resistant to Chemicals – capable of withstanding a broad range of chemicals during extended service periods
- Tighter Seal – provides superior performance compared to conventional PTFE; ensures reduced emissions and product loss
- Significant Cost Savings – reduces operation costs by minimizing maintenance required; loss of fluids; minimal energy consumption; reduction in waste; lower inventory costs
- Large Sheet Sizes Available – some of the largest sheet sizes available in the industry; this translates to better material utilization (more gaskets and seals per sheet), with less waste material.
- Easy installation, easy to cut - GYLON ® Style 3540 is perfect for warped, scratched, pitted or wavy flanges
GYLON ® gasket material is used in a wide spectrum of industries and applications:
- GYLON ® Style 3500 – water, strong acids (with the exception of hydrofluoric acid), steam, solvents, cryogenics, chlorine and other corrosive applications; industries including water treatment, chemical, power generation
- GYLON ® Style 3504 – refrigerants, water, moderate acids, solvents, cryogenics, hydrocarbons; industries such as food, power generation, chemical, water and wastewater treatment
- GYLON ® Style 3510 – steam, gases, chlorine, water, moderate acids, hydrocarbons, chlorine, cryogenics, and strong caustics; industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, water treatment, chemical, power generation, medical
- GYLON ® Style 3540 – strong acids, chlorine, hydrocarbons, cryogenics, and strong caustics; industries such as chemical, petrochemical, and oil and gas
- GYLON® Style 3565 – solvents, moderate acids, cryogenics, hydrocarbons, glass-lined equipment, and moderate caustics; industries such as medical, laboratory, power generation, chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas
Hennig Gasket offers just in time (JIT) delivery of GYLON® gaskets, along with specials and prototypes being fabricated and shipped on the same day. Our in-stock inventory of GYLON® material includes 1/16” and 1/8” thick sheets, measuring 60” by 60”. Request a quote today!